Monday, August 29, 2011

And so it begins...

They say the most difficult part about starting anything is exactly that...STARTING.  I honestly don't know who "they" are, but as long as this cone of tin foil stays on my head then they are not capable of knowing my exact location.  But then again, I am writing this on the Internet.  


I digress.


My name's Josh.  I get to be creative for a living.  I doodle.  I write.   I shoot then edit videos.  I make special effects for those videos.  This also requires the lifting of various heavy things.  Not the most fun part of the job, but daily I get to say to myself "I get PAID for this!"  And paychecks are nice.  They give me things like an apartment, a cat, and tin foil.  Oh, and I'm married.  Getting my wife things that make her happy in tern make me happy.  But I still have a lot of ideas bubbling around in my head at night and I so desperately would like some sleep.  


This is what this blog is for.  I get to make a lot of cool things, but the ideas keep coming and I cannot find an excuse to let them out...until now.  You, the unwashed online masses, will be my guinea pigs.  You'll have a little wheel to run around in and wood chips to do your...business.  As long as you don't break out and hide behind the sofa and leave your little pellets  we'll be cool.  I'll be using this blog as an outlet for the stuff that just pops into my head.  Maybe it'll be a  drawing, a video, a song I really like.  I don't know WHAT exactly, but I definitely need an outlet otherwise my imagination's going to stagnate and die, and that's what is paying the bills right now.  


This is my exercise.  My catharsis.  Here goes nothin'.  






First off is something simple...a doodle.  A chalk-doodle, to be more specific.  (Is that even a real word?  It is now.  It's now on the Internet and Google owes me a penny.)  


This was done roughly a year ago at a MASSIVE community chalk drawing festival for art students at the Clinton Library.  There is a fantastic comic artist by the name of Skottie Young who draws aliens that look a little bit like this.  This one is a particular fave of mine to draw.  


It IS a recession, after all.  


That's all for tonight, kids.  Happy trails.  


No comments:

Post a Comment